Common numbering of the same document types in different departments
Last updated: 2021-02-02
Post view count: 838
In order to do so:
- go to Settings> Account settings
- go to the Documents numbering tab
- select the checkbox Common numbering of documents of the same pattern
- press the Save button
Among Users of InvoiceOcean there are also people who use the possibility of creating several company departments. Therefore, the numbering is also different for different cases.
- Case 1 (the same numbering format for one department)
If you issue successively: receipt, invoice, receipt, invoice with a common numbering format (nr-m/mm/yyyy), these documents will be numbered: 1/04/2016, 1/04/2016, 2/04/2016, 2/04/2016. After selecting the box mentioned above, the numbering will look like this: 1/04/2016, 2/04/2016, 3/04/2016, 4/04/2016.
- Case 2 (two departments with the same numbering formats for different document types within a department, the numbering formats for departments are different)
We have two departments. In the first department, the numbering for receipts and invoices is as follows (nr-m/mm/yyyy), and in the second department (nr/yyyy). If the option is activated, the first department numbers invoices and receipts like this: 1/04/2016, 2/04/2016, 3/04/2016, 4/04/2016, and the second department, 1/2016, 2/2016, 3/2016, 4/2016. In this case everything is fine. A specific case is case 3.
- Case 3 (two departments with the same numbering formats for different document types within a department, the numbering formats for departments are the same)
We have two departments. In both departments, the numbering of receipts and invoices is as follows (no/yyyy), i.e. receipts and invoices in each of the departments are numbered the same.
Without activating the option Common numbering of documents of the same pattern, the program will number the documents in the following way: receipt (department 1) - 1/2016, invoice (department 1) - 2/2016, receipt (department 2) - 3/2016, invoice (department 2) - 4/2016.
After activating the option for each of the departments, you would need to add, for example, a letter or a character in the numbering of the departments to distinguish the departments from each other. Then the numbering will behave as in the case 2. For example, numbering for the first department A/nr/yyyy, numbering for the second department B/nr/yyyy, then the numbering will be - receipt (department 1) - A/1/2016, invoice (department 1) - A/2/2016, receipt (department 2) - B/1/2016, invoice (department 2) -B/2/2016.