InvoiceOcean.com – first steps in the system
Last updated: 2021-11-09
Post view count: 1108
We are very happy that you start your adventure with electronic invoicing. In this article, we want to present you the simplest features of the system and how to configure your account so that you can quickly start working with the system.
Create an account in the system (if you don’t already have one)
To create an account in InvoiceOcean, click on the registration button visible on the https://invoiceocean.com/ page. Make sure that the page address starts with ‘https’, which will provide you with a secure connection.
Enter your email address and password and click Sign up. You’re one more step away from using the program, where you will create your account name.
After creating an account in the system, a message with a link to your account and the login of your choice will be automatically sent to your email address.
Enter your company's data
Once you’ve created your account, you can immediately issue an invoice by clicking the Blue +Invoice button visible in the middle of the screen, but let’s start with the configuration of the most important settings of your new account. To get you started, we suggest adding your company's data. To do this, go to Settings> Company / department. The data that you will enter will be automatically substituted on the issued documents as your company's data.
After saving your company's data, you will always be able to edit them in the Company / department tab.
See how to create company departments
See how to add different bank account numbers
See how to change the name of the identification number (tax ID by default)
Activate the necessary income documents
In InvoiceOcean, you can issue many types of documents, but for maintaining order on your account, we suggest you include the ones you use on a daily basis.
To see a full list of documents you can use, go to Settings> Account settings. In the middle of the page, you will see the Additional documents to issue section.
You will now have access to the documents you select from the dashboard:
and from the main menu:
Activate cost documents
- InvoiceOcean includes not only revenue documents, but also the costs of your company. By entering the entire documentation into the system, you will be able to see the full financial situation of your company in detailed reports.
If you do not see the Expenses tab on the menu bar, go to Settings> Account settings> Expenses and activate the Expenses checkbox.
Set the document numbering format
- If you use your own way of numbering invoices, before you issue your first invoice you can define your document numbering in Settings> Account Settings> Documents numbering. Suggested by the InvoiceOcean, the default numbering format is nr-m/mm/yyyy, which is the next document number in a given month / month / year. You can change this format using the following variables: yyyy, yy, mm, dd, nr, nr-m, nr-d
By selecting the numbering format, you can choose one of the proposed numbering formats, or create your own format. You can also enter a certain constant for the numbering format that specifies, for example, the department of your company. If you want invoices to be numbered in the FV/UK/1/12/2018 way, use the following format: FV/UK/nr-m/mm/yyyy.
See how to enter a separate numbering for each department of your company
If you start using InvoiceOcean in the middle of the year and you want the numbering to continue as it has been carried out so far, when issuing the first document in the system, manually give the appropriate invoice number, for example 7:
After saving the document, when issuing the next invoice, the system will propose the number 8/03/2021 as the next one.
Documents with or without tax
- By default, InvoiceOcean proposes entering 20% VAT on documents, however, you can change both the tax name, tax rate, as well as completely disable it on the document.
Changing the name and rate of tax:
To change the tax name, go to Settings> Account settings> Configuration> Invoices and documents and define the name and/or tax rate you’ll need. In the example, we show the Spanish IVA tax of 21%:
Deactivating the VAT column on documents:
If you don’t show any tax rate on your documents, you can turn it off by going to Settings> Account settings, and then, in the middle of the screen, below the section Additional documents to issue, you will find Documents with or without tax. Uncheck the checkbox Include VAT tax on invoices and save the changes.
You can also turn off the VAT column each time when issuing a document by selecting –disabled-- for a given column:
Complete the product and client database (optional)
- You don’t have to complete the products and client databases to start invoicing in InvoiceOcean. When issuing each document (after it is saved), the data you enter will be remembered in the system, and after switching to the Products and Clients tab you will see the list of data used. Data that will be stored in the product and client lists will be suggested automatically when issuing subsequent documents. This option accelerates the issue of the document and ensures that you don’t make a mistake by entering the data manually each time.
If you want to use ready-made product and client databases, you can enter data to the system before you start issuing invoices. To add a client, go to the Clients> Add new client tab, and in order to add a product, go to Warehouse/Products> Products> Add new product. Your and your client’s data are safe in InvoiceOcean, and you can be ure that they are processed in accordance with the requirements of GDPR.
See how to distinguish the product from a service
See how to import client and product data files
- Now you are ready to issue an invoice in InvoiceOcean. See how easy it is :)